DataJack is an upcoming 2D cyberpunk stealth action / RPG game which has been under development for four years. Set in the year 2030, following the collapse of nation states, the world of DataJack is run by megacorporations who recognize no rule of law beyond sheer military force. The game follows the career of a corporate mercenary who hires out his abilities as assassin, hacker and gunslinger to the highest bidder.
Music is being provided by the ever-funky Apel and we may eventually release the soundtrack as a separate download.
- 28 unique, modifiable weapons: from crude shotguns to railguns
- Gadgets including remote explosives, EMP grenades, shurikens, and more
- Three factions and three different endings
- Cybernetic limbs and implants which give stat bonuses
- Guard AI which investigates, engages and pursues suspicious persons (you)
- Isometric pixel art graphics
- Destructible walls and terrain
- 30 planned missions
About Epic Banana Software
I founded Epic Banana Software in 1996, and released many small, stupid freeware games for the macintosh. Our most popular titles were the “A Day at Work” and “Yogurt Commerical” series, which were greeted with much bafflement and critical acclaim on account of their directionless gameplay featuring no victory conditions, and atypical subject matter.
Epic Banana was a small blip in the macintosh software community of the late 90s, then faded out about eight years ago. Today, the games are still archived on a fansite and free for all to download, as God intended.