The intensity of the holidays and my qualifying exams has passed, and I’ve resumed working on DataJack again in earnest. Only two main things remain to be done:
1. Completing the rest of the missions (about five to go)
2. Balancing the mission rewards and item costs
There are a few minor things here and there that I’m tweaking, like flavor text, some graphical updates, fleshing out the world, etc. I’m also starting to think that a guard A.I. overhaul / updating needs to be done. This could be somewhat of a pain but I think it’d be worth it. Bad A.I. could drag the whole project down, and I hate for that to happen after all this work.
After various updates to the software and talking with the Multimedia Fusion devs, I found the hardware-accelerated display modes have matured quite a bit and I’ve switched DataJack over to full Direct3D 9 with incredible improvements in framerate. This is also now why I think I have some breathing room to make the A.I. a little smarter.
I hope to update more frequently as I push for the finish line here. When it’s ready, DataJack will be published on Desura. Stay tuned!